Skip to main content

ERYC – Safe & Sound Grant

Home Owners and Private Tenants

What is a Safe & Sound Grant?

The grant is to help minimise the fear of crime by providing additional home security measures to enable residents to feel safer in their home.

Who is eligible for help?

To qualify for assistance applicants must be:
 Aged over 60 or disabled;
 A homeowner or private sector tenant / Housing Association tenant.

What additional home security measures are available to me?

Measures include, but are not limited to*:
 Additional locks for doors and windows
 Door Chains
 Door viewers
 Window alarms
*some types of locks and security measures can only be fitted depending on the type of existing windows and doors.

How do I apply?

You can request an application form from East Riding of Yorkshire Council by sending an email to or by calling 01482 396380.